A Message About the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As you may be aware, NJ Governor, Phil Murphy has issued an Executive Order on social distancing to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. The Point Pleasant town administrator encourages all businesses and their customers to abide by the Order, the key elements of which are noted below (local businesses may wish to pay particular attention to the last three bullet items which are highlighted). Click here for the full COVID-19 announcement from the Office of the Governor
- All gatherings of persons in the State of New Jersey shall be limited to 50 persons or fewer, with limited exceptions;
- All public, private, and parochial preschool programs, and elementary and secondary schools, including charter and renaissance schools, will be closed beginning on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, and remain closed as long as the Order remains in effect;
- Institutions of higher education will cease all in-person instruction beginning on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, and shall cease such in-person instruction as long as the Order remains in effect;
- The Commissioner of Education shall continue working with each public, private, and parochial school to ensure students are able to continue their education through appropriate home instruction;
- The Secretary of Agriculture and the Commissioner of Education shall take all necessary actions to ensure all students eligible for free or reduced meals will continue to receive the services necessary to meet nutritional needs during closures;
- All casinos, concert venues, nightclubs, racetracks, gyms, fitness centers and classes, movie theaters, and performing arts centers will be closed to the public beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. and remain closed as long as this Order remains in effect;
- All other non-essential retail, recreational, and entertainment businesses must cease daily operations from 8:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m.; and
- All restaurant establishments, with or without a liquor or limited brewery license, are limited to offering delivery and/or take out-services only.
Calling All Vendors and Performers!
Summerfest in the Park is Point Pleasant's official kick off to Summer! We invite businesses to participate as vendors and bands to participate as performing artists at Point Pleasant's biggest community party event of the year. We encourage all interested businesses and performers to sign up right away for earliest consideration.
Let's get down to business
The Point Pleasant Borough Chamber of Commerce is proud to serve our local business and resident community, neighboring Jersey Shore communities, and visitors to our town. Our membership comprises over 200 businesses each of which plays a vital role in the economic health, character, and social vibrancy of our community. Our member businesses span the entire Borough so come and explore make it a point to shop, dine, and discover!
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Chamber will be canceling all scheduled networking and business-related events until further notice. We encourage individuals and businesses to engage in safe social distancing practices and comply with all orders, guidelines, and rules issued by the authorities.
Welcome new members!
We are delighted to announce the recent addition of the following businesses as new Chamber members within the last month. Click on the member business name link to visit their website (you can also find these members in our Member Directory). If you're interested in becoming a Chamber Member, click here to learn more.
Network with us
The Chamber's primary mission is to serve our business community and promote economic vitality in our town. Accordingly, we are always interested in your feedback, contributions, and suggestions to help us fulfill our mission on an ongoing basis. In particular, we'd like you to get in touch with us if:
Please reach out via email or phone with your ideas, suggestions, requests, or any other relevant comments and we'd be happy to discuss these at a future meeting.
Executive board of directors
Shop in town and earn property tax credits. Pick up Point Boro Bucks cards at the Chamber office.